Tuesday, December 4, 2018

interview with Michael Z / Kadaver

Tell us something about "Love Hurts", the song we aired.

"Love Hurts" was recorded towards the end of 2007. 
It appears twice in the Kadaver discography; first time in 2008 under the "Kadaver’s Valentine's Greetings" mini series, and 2nd time in the "V-DAY" box-set which came out 10 years later on the same date (14 of February - Valentine's day).
 In the V-DAY release you can hear the original version of the track plus 7 different re-mixes made by: In Slaughter Natives, Steel Hook Prostheses, The Vomit Arsonist, N., The Rita, Black Leather Jesus and Vomir. 
It's fun for the whole family!
The video clip of Love Hurts (which can be found on YouTube and on a few other online tubes) was made by a fan named Juan (aka Saki).
I think it was the first fan-videoclip of my work.. at least that I know of.
I remember that I've discovered this video by accident and was very pleased to see that someone took the time to put horror-visuals to my sounds. 

Besides that all I can say is that no animals (and only one human - me) were harmed during the making of this track.

What's the worst damage you suffered?

Nice touch. Did not anticipated this question...

I'm not sure about the worst damage but what I can say for sure is that it's not a physical one. 
I've broken a few bones over time and last year I had two separate heart-attacks; and while it hurts like shit, it doesn't hurt as much as just being alive sometimes. 
As a person who is struggling with clinical depression for the vast majority of my adult life I can say for sure that the greatest damage and pain comes from the inside. My own mind is the worst weapon against myself.
And through Kadaver I fight back. Be that futile or not, it gives me relief.

Suggest us a record we should never buy

"The Boatman's Call" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.

It's among my favorite albums of all times but I cannot listen to it.
Whenever I am "brave enough" (or more like foolish enough) to play it, I brake down and cry like a school-girl.

It's one of the most emotional pieces of music ever recorded.
Dangerous stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment